Monday, May 28, 2012

The trouble with flats.

People are constantly asking me, "How can you possibly wear such high heels and not die?!" and always answer with a quip from a reperatoire I've developed for just such an occassion, ranging from, "they really have very cushy soles!" to "the ratio of heel height to platform height makes for a much milder slope from heel to toe, so they're really not as harsh on the feet as they look!"

And, having reflected on my shoe choice for today (a seemingly innocent pair of dove grey flats by American Eagle Outfitters), I feel that these are really the more evil of the shoe choices.


It has come to my attention that I am apparently only able to wear ballet flats if they have some kind of elastic in the backs of them. These are stiff and I'm pretty sure I'll have blisters from them by the time the day is out. Plus, my heels are always sore when I wear flats... They're not used to carrying the majority of my weight.

It's interesting that most people have trouble with heels, and I have such difficulty with flats, is it not?

C'est la vie!

3 comments:

  1. and cute stockings too!!1 Those are on your feet too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with your post. I've been wearing new flats (Bloch) too for the past two days. I already have a blister! I wear heels all the time and this never happens. Heels give you a new sense of height. I say wear what you like :)

    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have trouble with flats as well and usually end up in cons. Hmm..but which is the lesser of two evils?

    ReplyDelete