Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nothing bad can happen in Birmingham!

Alright, so I'm back, for reals, I promise!!

Ok, well, I'm going to try. It's really quite tricky to keep up when you're so busy!!

Anyways, when I say back, I mean two things... Back in the blogosphere, and back at home!

You see, my counterpart, D, and I just returned from Birmingham, Alabama!! We had gone for our friend Jimi King's album release, and there were good times had by ALL! And, of course, excellent footwear ;)!

Ok, so quick side-note here: I am notorious for wearing the worst and most inconvenient footwear in airports. For some reason, I always end up in laced-to-your-knees boots or 20,000-strapped gladiators, and security becomes an incredible task. So, this time, I decided I would be insanely clever, and ditch my work pumps (the little brown ones I showed you in the summer) for my favourite ugly blue flip-flops!

This was a great idea until I stepped off the plane and realised it was freezing in B'ham.

D had been clever enough to wear Uggs, which, I'm sorry if you love them but, I hate with a firey burning passion. I think they're hideous, and that they look like slippers. (I share the same sentiments about Crocs, but that's a rant for another day.) Unfortunately, (and I think this is karma for wearing them in the first place) they had started to fall apart the moment she stepped out of the house to come and meet me.

So, after checking into the hotel and having a nap, we headed to Target (which was across the street) to get something more suitable. What we found were these:



Now, here's where I become a bit of a hypocrite, because, if you click on the link provided above, you'll notice that these are not shoes, but slippers, which is the precise reason that I hate Uggs so much. But, if you look at these guys, they're so much cuter than Uggs!

Anyways, hate me if you must, I wore them outside, and I liked it! Plus, I don't think I've ever gotten more compliments on a pair of shoes in my life! Wait, I think the general concensus on my Sam Edelman fringeys was a little more exuberant. But not by much!

The other darling shoes that we got on this trip were these:

(Although, I got the black ones and D got the pink... the website won't let me save the black picture. Weird.)

Now these babies are from Wet Seal. This place is a goldmine for going out shoes. D and I have both bought shoes from these guys before, and they are our go-to going out shoes. Mine are wedges and I have had to glue them back together a million times, and D's are stilettos that have been worn so far down the leather on the heel is starting to peel back. This is how amazing these shoes are, and how often we wear them. If you're in the states, go there now.

The other thing that's amazing about Wet Seal is that their shoes are cheap. Like a friggin' steal. These were 12.50$. No, I don't think you understand. Twelve-friggin'-fifty!!!! And they'll last forever. And you'll never have to take them off at midnight because 1 hour of wearing them was plenty thank-you-very-much. My wedges? I've slept in them. Amazing going-out shoes. Amazing.

Anyways, sorry for the stolen photos, my camera hasn't been unloaded from this trip yet. More to come, I promise!




2 comments:

  1. I love you for wearing slippers and liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can there ever be too many shoes?? I think not!! I love them all (but the flip flops)

    ReplyDelete